Best turntable under $4000

I am looking to take the next step in my analog journey. I currently am using a Fluance RT85 with ortofon 2m blue. I have a Rogue Audio cronus magnum iii. I am running them with Kef 104/2 's. Fluance seems to get alot of hate on here. I was considering a cartridge upgrade but I am hesitant to upgrade more then the cost of the table. I don't hear much background noise and like the sound. I guess I am wondering if I don't know I hear noise because I have not heard a turntable that eliminates that noise? When I went from my Onkyo to my Rogue Sphinx iii I realized I had been missing a whole lot of sound. Then I ditched my rebuilt EPI M150's and heard hidden instruments in tracks I have listened to for years. I am looking for that in a turntable upgrade.  Apperance is important. I have interest in the following:

Clear Audio Concept Wood w/ maestro v2

Mofi fender precisiondeck w/ mastertracker

Stretching my budget is:

Dr. Feikert Volare no cartridge

Gold Note Pianosa no cartridge

These take me out of my budget once I get a cartridge

Any other reccomendations 

I will miss the autostart function for those buzzed listening nights. I would like the 4k to include a cartridge. Any opinions are welcome. Anyone think I should say screw the "rules" and get an Ortofon black?

Thank you in advance

cpdkee

Showing 3 responses by boothroyd

Three thoughts

1.) Direct answer to your inquiry IMO is the Direct Drive Technics 1200G

2.) Your Fluance 85 has better DC motor control (optical sensor servo) than any Clearaudio offering up to the Ovation (not including the AC motor Emotion or Marantz equivalent)

3.) A Grado high output would really speak to the most linear performance of your Rogue internal phono stage.

Happy hunting 🎶

Technics insults not required Ace.

The Kuzma products are uniquely capable and excellent sounding.

A base model Stabi S with basic Stogi S CE Tonearm is easily over the limit without even mentioning the highly required isolation platform typically used.

I sold a 1200G to buy my current table, a Luxman PD 171

Replacing the mat on any 1200 with the tungsten polymer record mat from that Luxman is a game changer IMO.