Best tube dampers that you have used

I currently have a Thor Audio monoblocks TP-150, 8  EL-34's Sovtek tubes for each amp.
Was wondering in anyone's experience will tube dampers improve the sound quality.
Am hesitant to proceed as I have read that  tube dampers can melt from the heat of the tubes and sometimes
cause smoke. Any thoughts would be appreciated.  
128x128kjl1065
Putting a tube damper on tubes may or may not have an effect on sound (If a tube seems microphonic, replace it), but the point of them is obviously to damp vibration and stomp out the dreaded (by some, not me) microphonics which can possibly chew the fun out of your audio gum. It is not, I repeat not, possible to "overdamp" a tube as the inside of the tube is what is making things go, not the glass. To state otherwise is strange, utter nonsense, and not entirely unexpected.
Uh, Wolfie, it’s all connected- the filament, the internal structure, the glass. Capish? Besides even tubes advertised as low microphonic are in fact microphonic. I guess you’re not much of a tube guy.
My favourite tube dampers are the Duende Teflon/titanium tube dampers.  They are an improvement from what came from Audio Research on my LS16 MK II although less than what I got from substituting NOS tubes (let alone updating the output caps to the latest Stealth caps).  Same result when reubing my VT100 MKII amp, although the input and driver tubes were JAN Phillips 6922 tubes supplied by Audio Research.  Much better bass.  Subsequent substitution of the Wondecap interstate coupling caps by Stealth caps made the biggest difference.
I have the same ring on my audioresearch. After two 6H30 tube replacement . Rings are good for how many years ?  Is it better to stay with the audioresearch ring ?  I saw some with metal and soft rubber ring...
Uh, Kaitty, you can't "overdamp" the glass of a tube...Capish? I guess you're not much of a reality or comprehension guy.