Best Tube Amp under 10K?

Having every audio dealer in town recommend their line as "the best unless you want to spend $25K" and buy a ..." is frustrating. Well, like most of us, I can't spend $25K on amps ... but I am curious to know what others consider their "final" amp upgrade under $10K. My listening tastes are wide ranging but will mostly include SACD jazz and classical. I do not have a turntable ... yet. And I ususally play at low to moderate volumes only (the wife factor)-- speakers are reasonably efficient 91DB KEF Ref 4's that I hope to upgrade.
lornecherry
I love my Legend Audio triode amps. (monoblocks). The only description that comes to mind with these are seductive and sultry.
I have owned the deHavilland GM70 50 watt S.E.T. monos for a couple of months now. I can't imagine ever needing to upgrade them. The music washes over me. Basses are tight and mids and highs are to die for. They are built 100% in the U.S.A. Tubes are easily replaced. They fill my room up(about 3600 cu. ft.) with Green Mountain Audio Continuum 3 speakers,with about a 90db efficiency. These folks will let you audition for 30 days in home (100% payment up front). I don't think anyone has returned them yet. Amp quest is over after hearing these.
Good luck. Tom
I have Dehavilland 845Gs. Same great sound as the GM70s for a little less money and little less power. Cant imagine wanting anything else. The customer service is outstanding.
jadis ja80 can be purchased from my dealer for 10k new. if you plan on getting more efficient speakers, jadis se300b and jadis se845 are worth looking into.
For less than $1k an ARC D70MkII is a wonderful amp (or possibly a D76A); for 1.5x dollars more you can get a few more watts with the D115MkII. Up from there is a VT200 (original, not MkII) - it is a seriously great sounding amp with lots of authority (under $4k used in good condition). Up a few dollars from there (but I don't know if it sounds better) are VTL MB-450 monoblocks, and then VTL MB-750 mono blocks if you need a small ton of power. The challenges become not only the acquisition cost, but sufficient AC power, heat, amplifier weight, and the work/cost involved in shipping/maintenance; but all these amps should be highly competitive sonic performers at their price points.