Best transport for USD500

I am looking for a player to serve primarily as a transport (using the coax digital out) hooked to an external DAC (perhaps to a Bel Canto DAC 1.1/MSB Link DAC III). Within my budget, I have shortlisted the following from what is available to me:
- Arcam CD72T
- Marantz CD 6000 OSE LE
- Shanling CDS100 (aka Music Hall CD25)
- NAD C541i
- Cambridge Audio D500SE
Does any one have experience with any of these players+the BC/MSB? Would appreciate inputs based on experience. Any other suggestions are also very welcome.
Thanks and cheers
jitterbug

Showing 3 responses by jitterbug

Thks everyone for the inputs. Unfortunately, the brands some of you mentioned are esoteric and difficult to come by in my part of the world. I will look around to see where I can check out the Parasound. Anyone have the company's website URL?
Cheers
Thanks Seandtaylor99. The thought often crosses my mind. Maybe its just a "bug" to experiment with 2 boxes. Like you many have extolled the virtues of their 2 box set ups and I am keen to try in my limited budget :) I believe the BC does reclock and IS less sensitive to a transport. I did see the Audio Note CDT Zero listing. $600 is perhaps a little too high for me.

BTW, The CD92T (which I have heard and found to sound superb) is about 2X the price of the CD72T! I guess the Ring DAC still commands a premium. I need a 230VAC version so that limits my AGon used choices.

Cheers
Thanks for the insight. I will check with Arcam but thus far my experience with Arcam tech support is that are not quite responsive - they havent answered my earlier requests for weeks!
Cheers