Best tiny speakers up to 1000 ?

Severe space limitations in room create need for speakers no more than 5.5" wide and 5.5" deep. Height not such a problem, as I can lay them on their sides. Currently using NHT Super Zero's. What can I upgrade to?
djlackey5

Showing 3 responses by gunbei

Wow, that's a tiny maximum size. I can definitely relate to building a system in a small space. I started with SuperZeros as mains many years ago. They're now my surrounds in a home theater system. For music I am using ProAc Tablette 50 Signatures, which are very good mini monitors that produce a big sound for such a tiny box. They were discontinued a few years ago, but do pop up on occasion here for about $800-$1000 used. However, they may still be too big for what you're searching for. They are approximately 11" tall, 6.5" wide and 8" or 9" deep. Will you be placing the speakers on a bookcase, shelf or is wall mounting an option? Wall mounting might allow for a deeper speaker. Hopefully someone else will have a better recommendation for you. Good Luck!
Given your kitchen specs, I think Sc53's recommendation of the Acoustic Energy sub/sat system could be the winner. Very small and, well reviewed to boot. If that makes any difference.
Good point about the sub Marakanetz. Was it difficult to run the wire through the walls?