Best temperature for optimum tube performance

Is there an optimum temperature range in which tubes perform best?
I've been running tube amps/preamps for over 40 years and have always placed a small, quiet fan in front of them to prevent excessive heat build-up (a modified, two-door antique silver cabinet is where they reside).
I'm aware that electrical resistance increases in proportion to increasing temperature, but am I somehow decreasing the optimum performance of my tube components with this strategy?
128x128rettrussell

Showing 1 response by aj523

One of my better purchases for my system is this exhaust fan that’s built to be placed on top of audio components and is extremely quiet.. It has 3 fans that suck the hot air up and blow it out either the front or back depending on the unit. It has an LED temperature gauge to measure the internal temp of the component and you set it like a thermostat to the temp you want and it then cycles on/off to maintain that temperature.  I use two of them on placed top of my tube amps.  And did I say it’s quiet?  It’s brilliant. 
AC Infinity AIRCOM T10, Quiet Cooling Blower Fan System 17" Front-Exhaust, for Receivers, Amps, DVR, AV Cabinet Components https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PQJSRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_A0Q6TTEXXKMTGSYFS93T?_encoding=UTF8...