Best system under 5K - that is a challenge

Describe the best system you could put together for under $5K (new) - used you just have to be a good scavenger and $5K because it would be challenging. What criterion did you use in putting it together? Why did you choose the brands you mention?
salsero
Ha, Ha...! My nephiew just asked me to build him a 2ch system with just only $500. what's more challenging?
For $500 all you could do is hunt for a super price on a CD player, integrated amp, and then, to really pick up some gains for the money, build some 2 way kit speakers.

On the original thread, it didn't even specify how many sources, but my amp and speakers were $1,500 each new(Biro L/1's/Van Alstine Fet/Valve 350hc hybrid tube/ss amp), my preamp a little under a $1,000 (Van Alstine hybrid), my DAC $1,000, plus a Parasound transport for $200 on closeout. Breaks the bank a little, but I've loved it for 5 years now. My Fanfare tuner is nice too but not included, and I'm using some old runs of Kimber 4PR I've had laying around for years. The Fet/Valve's don't care what cable is on'em, they just plow right through it. I've got some jon risch DIY room treatments too, another $50.
Whether it is two channel, 5.1, 7.1, analogue or digital source is up to you. I am looking to see the selection criteria and the constraints imposed by a $5K budget. This would open up the field of suggestions for multiple applications - the kind of question that may reveal a great diamond in the rough!! You may also suggest different system changes for different music - BOTTOM LINE, IT IS UP TO U!!!
Used Revel F-30's ($2200, Bryston 4B-ST($1400)used, Toshiba SD-9200 DVD($600.00)new, $800 left for a pre-amp and wires..............or..........Musical Fidelity integrated with B&W 805's and $1000.00 CD.
Salsero, nobody who is a member of Audiogon pays full retail for their equiptment. Also, with mainstream electronics their is a difference between "street price" and "retail price." Furthermore, most dealers give some type of a discount or "throw" in something like cables. Anyway, I'll take the bait:

Coincident Victorys 4,600.00*

Antique Sound Labs Wave mono amps 200.00

Sony CDP with output level control 150.00-200.00 (see below)

2 feet of the best speaker cable you can get for 50.00

(*maybe Coincident will give you 2 feet of their CST since you paid full retail for their speakers, if they do beg for an IC too, otherwise use what came with the CDP!)