Best system for jazz?

My musical tastes have shifted and now I find I listen mostly to jazz with some classical, bluegrass and space music thrown in. I'm just curious what kind of systems provide the most enjoyment for you jazz fans?
budrew

Showing 2 responses by larry510

hi,

I listen to jazz about 80% of the time ...old stuff, new stuff and fm radio ...WRTI Philadelphia ..jazz 6pm to 6am.

I like the sound of Klipsch classic speakers, at the present time I'm using the Forte I's . The amp I use is a Cary SLI-Signature in the triode mode. I'm hoping to upgrade to Cornwall's or Bell's in the future. I like the up front presentaion the high and mid horns give and the bass is all I want with a 12" woofer and 12" passive radiator.

As you can see from reading this thread, we are all over the map as to what we use. It comes down to personal preferences I guess.

Larry
hi Bao2,

I am seriously thinking of looking for a pair of La Scala's or Bells's. Really big horns gotta sound great ! Gotta talk to the wife first, or hide them in them rec-room. Anybody know how to sweet talk wifey into these ?

Larry