Best surround processor $2-2.5K used ????

I am planning to purchase McIntosh MC205 as the power amp (used). I already have B&W 804 (front L & R) and HTM2 (center)

What is the best surround processor I can get for in between $2K to $2.5K (used) that can, hopefully, play HDMI and all the latest THX, etc?

Than you!
slim1
I am on my second hdmi rec. My first was the Onkyo 875. It ran HOT,HOT. but who could complain about doing hot dogs and marshmallows in your living room.? It failed within 4 months.---BUT,before its demise it sounded great for sure. Then I bought the Denon 4308ci. It has had no problems of any nature. I honestly think the Onkyo sounded more dynamic but reliability counts too. I use my main front amp for the fronts.--They all have pre-outs.---Re. the "handshake" or other issues---I have experienced NONE.-----BUT--- I wouldn't buy a used one. The differences between a rec. with an outboard amp and a processor aren't as huge as one might think. Not to mention the extra amps/wires and clutter.
Sure; I understand those that want the best wouldn't want my solution.
Thank you all.

How does a HDMI switcher work? I also heard of a HDMI card. Are they the same as a switcher?
Onkyo Integra DTC-9.8, of 9.9. It does not get any better then this as a good value. No need to go above $1K.
Unless you are planning to use HDMI for the passing of hi-rez audio signals I wouldn't worry about purchasing a pre/pro with HDMI switching. If the desire for HDMI is for video use you don't need it in your processor, just hook any video source component directly to your monitor, which is what you should do anyway for optimal picture quality. If you want multi-channel hi-rez music playback the majority of today's better universal players have excellent bass management capabilities. All you have to do is utilize the multi-channel analogue outputs of the universal player in conjunction with the multi-channel analogue inputs on the pre/pro. The biggest disadvantage of this hook up scheme is the need for three pairs of analogue interconnects. If you go this route, high end pre/pro's from the likes of Krell,Parasound Halo, EAD, and Classe can be had for mere pennies on the dollar and these units will provide superb sound quality in comparison to even modern HT receivers with an HDMI connection for hi-rez music or two channel CD playback.