best support shelf/isolation device for a rega p9?

I have a p9 and it is in a softwood (cedar and pine) cabinet. I am looking for suggestions as to what others have tried for support and isolation. I've heard heavy granite may be worse than an ikea honeycomb lack shelf, I've heard aurios may work well on a maple cutting board, I've heard nueance shelves may be excellent. I have heard that sorbothane is not good. As you can see, I have heard ABOUT many things, but have not been able to try them yet. Would love to maximize the potential of the table.
I can't mount it on a wall shelf.
All advice welcome.
Thanks
f
fmj
Post removed 
I own a P9 - great table. I tried a Symposium Ultra and it was awful (with Rollerblock Jrs in between). At loud volumes the table would pick up vibrations from the bass and it translated to a loud distorted hum. I contacted Symposium and they indicated that this might occur. Removed the Ultra and used a Brightstar AirMass with the Jrs in between - perfect!
I have a P-9. At the suggestion of my dealer, I removed the stock Rega feet and use Walker large cones/pucks. These sit on a 1/2 thick slab of solid steel plate with a soundcoated paint. this sits on the top shelf of my Solid Steel 5.4 rack. Rack's bottom points rest in brass receptors. I have had no problems with any kind of resonances/feedback.
I am told that the BEST way to isolate the Rega is to place it on the Rega wall shelf and mount that on the wall.
Maple blocks do work. I have my Scoutmaster on a 4" thick one siting on large Mapleshade cones. I have just heard the Star Sound cones and they work even better. I bought my block from Michigan Maple Block . It is very large and cost me $96 + $25 shipping. Timber Nation makes some that may be better, I have a smaller one of theirs. They are a very cost effective solution and look good also. Timber Nation has optional cone feet which are good but not as good as Star Sound , Mapleshade or other high quality cones.