best speakers with denon 3300

I just started with a music/home theater system. I bought the Denon 3300 and would like to buy new speakers as well. I have left $1500 and would like to have front speakers. I will buy later a center and surround in my next paycheck. I like when the sound is well separated (accoustic type) I am listenning some pop, jazz, hip hop and watch many movies. I heard a lot of good review concerning the paradigm speakers. What do you think ? what would be the best speakers matching this receiver and delivering a nice sound. thanks
troubiet3214

Showing 1 response by p_mmk

I think for $1,500 you have tons of options. I would, however, advise against the M&K THX speakers or any THX speakers for that matter if music is important to you. These THX speakers are designed for movies and many are great at it. The problem is they are designed to give a radiation pattern that is suited best for movies and can sound rather poor for 2 channel. If movies are your priority and you like them go for it. Otherwise look into something else. For $1,500 you can get some great speakers. I concur with B&W floor standing speaker or Paradigm. Let me throw in a few others. Thiel CS.5 (although probably a difficult load for your receiver, may not provide enough bass, and not very loud.) Vandersteen 2 series, nice boxless design, very open and flat. PSB Bronze are also nice. NHT not as popular as they once were, which means you can find them at a relative bagain. Finally, consider MIrage bi-polars. They are not the "in" speakers anymore, but I have the M3SI and think they are awesome compromise between movies and music. They have incredible soundstage which is paricularly important in movies and really put you in the middle of the action. They are also great for audio. One major trade-off in design is a loss of pinpoint imaging. I would look into these used or look at the newer OM sereis. Best of luck!