best speakers with denon 3300

I just started with a music/home theater system. I bought the Denon 3300 and would like to buy new speakers as well. I have left $1500 and would like to have front speakers. I will buy later a center and surround in my next paycheck. I like when the sound is well separated (accoustic type) I am listenning some pop, jazz, hip hop and watch many movies. I heard a lot of good review concerning the paradigm speakers. What do you think ? what would be the best speakers matching this receiver and delivering a nice sound. thanks
troubiet3214

Showing 1 response by kerry23

I too have a Denon AVR-3300 and listen to similar types of music. When I purchased my speakers, I auditioned several speakers including Bose(Worthless for music!), Paradygm, PSB, and B&W. Although I liked the PSB and Paradigm speakers, the B&W's sounded so much crisper (Of course, I'm sure that the amp, cables, and cd player driving them helped). Therefore, I purchased and am running the B&W CDM1-SE's and CDM1-CSE for the fronts and center. Overall, they sound very crisp with excellent separation. For acoustic guitarists such as Acoustic Alchemy, Peter White, Mark Antoine, Chieli Minucci, Earl Klugh, etc., they are exceptional. In addition, Dolby Digital on movies is awesome! However, the bass is definitely lacking. It became very apparent when I hooked up my 20 yr. old Cerwin Vega's for the two surround channels and ran it it 5 channel stereo mode. The sound really opened up. Sade and Steely Dan sounded awesome. To hopefully correct this, my next acquisition will be to purchase a very musical subwoofer. I'm looking at a REL: either a Stratus or Storm. If this works, then I'll buy two more CDM's (or their Nautilus 805's) to complete my system. Otherwise, I'll be looking for more full ranging speakers to use for the mains and move the CDM1's to the surrounds. It wish that I had a "magic" single solution speaker recommendation for you, but as you have read, I'm still in a state of flux on this very issue. Good luck in your search.