Best speakers in the 3000 -5000 range

I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers and would any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated. My current setup is Hegel h-100 amp,Hegel cdp2a cd player with transparent audio super mm2 cables and b&b n804 speakers.

Thanks
will11201
Pair of Linn Akurate 242's on Agon right now at $3500. Stupidly cheap and one hell of a speaker. Read what Art Dudley wrote about them a few years ago...hasn't changed.
Obviously you are not afraid of change so you may see yourself buying into their way of upgrading those all the way up to active if and when your funds allow. These are wildly underappreciated speakers.

A good deal at their retail of $10,400.

Excellent suggestion by Realhifi on the Linn Akurate 242's. At $3,500 they are an incredible value, way underrated. Like the OP, I listen to a lot of classic rock (among lots of other music) with great results through the Akurate 212's (i.e., the 242's little brother) paired with a JL Audio F112. Even though the 242 carries the extra 6-inch driver, given your rock preferences, I suggest adding a sub to them as well, which should easily fit your budget. By comparison to your n804's, the 242's with a good sub, will leave you grinning ear to ear -- having made a very substantial upgrade.
Anyone looking for speakers in this price range should take a long hard look at that pair of GMA Continuum 3s here on Agon.

Just MHO.....

Shakey
MASTER AUDITION new or Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 5.1.

But there are so many speaker in that price range that any advice is hard.