Best speakers for 2500....thump included

I am looking for a good speaker that can produce down to 30hz or lower, at the 2500 price range..... I also like my music loud and clear, without being bright on the top end. I am running a 300W perreaux power amp, and a perreaux pre. Any suggestions... there are just too many to go looking... The bass is mandatory!
shabbadoo

Showing 1 response by fpeel

Having listened to the Hales for several hundreds hours, after running the various warble tones, the MATT test, etc. in my living room with them, I have to disagree with Rayhall. The Hales Revelation Three is more than capable of reaching 30hz (and below). He's right about that freq rattling windows (gotta get around to fixing that someday...). It's possible that he's also right about the midrange edginess, but up until now I've attributed it to other factors (of which I have many excuses from which to draw). It is slight (to me) and only shows up on certain material. But, hey, that's just my experience. After auditioning the Vandersteens and the Hales extensively I have to say picking one over the other is a tough choice.