Best speaker brands for transient response

Hello all, first post / longtime lurker on here. I have really appreciated all I've learned from following threads on here -- much appreciated.

I've had three speakers in my house for a few years, and have learned that transient response is the quality I value most. I'm researching upgrade options and would appreciate recommendations on brands.

Currently I have KLH Model 3s, JBL 4305Ps, and JBL Studio 590s. The sealed KLHs are far superior in transient response / speed / attack. The 4305Ps are pretty good (I'm assuming because they're active) and the 590s, while they do a lot of things well, are relative laggards.

I am assuming that on average a sealed design at any given price point will outperform a ported speaker in this area of performance, but I'm sure there are important exceptions.

I'm also curious if more expensive ported horn speakers (Klipsch heritage line, or the JBL 4349 for example) may deliver equal or better in transient response compared to a lower cost sealed speaker because they're using better drivers, crossovers, etc.

Thank you for any feedback / ideas you have.

tommyuchicago
@jheppe815 thank you, I will do that. I definitely did not want to make the mistake of telling myself only sealed speakers would achieve my goals. That was the biggest driver of starting this thread, as there are few sealed options out there and I don't have nearly enough experience with more expensive speakers to just rule out ported designs. My 4305Ps are ported and have a ton of snap and speed to them.

The 4349s are what I "want" to buy, and I'm just making sure I look at every feasible option before dropping that kind of money.

I am very grateful to everyone taking the time to provide feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Sweetwater has the 4349 on sale if you call. Might be worth checking the sale price. I also think they have a trial period and liberal return policy but I would check. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/4349Wal--jbl-lifestyle-4349-12-inch-2-way-passive-loudspeaker-walnut-wood-veneer-with-black-grille

@mbmi that's the second recommendation for Borresen and the 2s are within budget. Gorgeous design, too. Thank you for the recommendation.

@james633 thank you for the heads up, I'll see if I can get a sale price out of them. I've heard from other chatter on forums that they can be purchased for around $7,500/pr if you shop around.