best small room 2 channel set up for under $2ooo

I want a good sounding system that would work in a 10 by 11 room with speakers that would fit on a book shelve. I know really small speakers are limited in some areas but what would be a good book shelve system for under$2000 that would work in a small bed room. Thanks
broseanrichard
I probably will get beat for this in an "audiophile" community, but I was thinking Mackie HR824 Active Monitor's may serve your purpose for bedroom and sound good. They are moniters after all. They're powered, so you'd really only need to feed them from a source. They can be found for $650 each and the remainder would fuel a CD player, etc.

Good luck.
Music Hall trio cd/receiver and a small pair of speakers designed for bookshelves (ie linn).
Well you would be have to make some grave errors to not get good to very good sound with your 2k budget...you could even do it for alot less...trends little amp(has only one input) for power(less than $200)...a source of your choosing....and some nice small speakers...however...no speaker performs at its best on a shelf...if that is the only solution...maybe a sealed design of front firing port variety....good luck!