Best Server To Run Roon Core

Hi Folks,

I don’t currently run ROON, but would like to begin correctly in order to give it a chance - and I understand that server (hardware) on which Roon core is installed is important for SQ (due to noise reduction and other factors).

What are the best hardware for SQ and usability where ROON core should be installed and why (be it audiophile dedicated servers or modified PCs)? Please comment on the rest of your setup for context if you could.

Thank you in advance.

Ag insider logo xs@2xjmarshak

Showing 2 responses by jc51373

@alephresearch

I just removed a MacMini M1 and replaced it with a Nucleus as a test to see if the hype is real. I am here to tell you, IT IS REAL. The nucleus was literally like I lifted a curtain..And I have a gigafoil working "isolate" the system from the Server. So there goes your theory. It's real, embrace it Servers are as important (maybe more) important than DACs. If you haven't listened to a dedicated Server it's nothing more than an opinion. If you're happy with the sound you have, great. But know for a fact a dedicated matters and will improve the sound. 

I returned the Nucleus and went straight for the top of the line Antipodes. 

@david_ten 

Hi David, pretty much all aspects of the presentation improved. Everything just seems quieter, calmer, more musical. So all the things that come along with that in any given system will vary I suppose, for me it was not a small difference from the Nucleus. Nucleus can be dry overall, but for the money does a great job. Is the K50 worth the extra cost? I think so, but like alot of impactful hifi gear it's expensive. So thats really a separate more subjective conversation. I am happy with the investment.