Best Rock Albums in 2009, so far

I would like to nominate the album: Keep It Hid - Dan Auerbach. From 2008 I reaaly liked Only by the Night - Kings of Leon
perrew

Showing 7 responses by shadorne

Try Booker T - Neil Young & Drive By Truckers : Potato Hole . Every track is good and the sound is awesome (not compressed like Dave Mathews recent effort) - this is one that can go into heavy rotation.
Marty,

The key with Booker T is that he knows how important it is when you DON'T play. It is often more important what you leave out or don't play! The right phrasing and space is what it is all about and makes it interesting.
Weezer Ratitude is classic stuff - nothing ground breaking but certainly enjoyable...
Is it just me but ACDC Black Ice is really nicely recorded and it has some great classic stuff.

I find I had to get my air guitar out of the cupboard.

Hats off to Brian Adams and the quality production from his new Vancouver Studio: The Warehouse
I thought I could stop playing The Cat Empire "Live on Earth" - 2009 release - fantastic blend of jazz, ska, rock and funk... absolutely crazy eclectic stuff from our friends down under!!

Think Madness meets Herb Alpert with a twist of hip hop...