Best Preamp under 10K

Okay how about voting for best preamp under 10K. Its a tough call between the Levinson, Krell,Rowland, AR, CAT and numerous others, but I think I must go with the Levinson 380S. What do you think?
128x128hifimatt
hey albert, have ewe ever listened to a melos ma-333 or music-director? it's given me the same sensations ewe describe about the aesthetics callisto. don't tell me that i'm not done upgrading my preamp yet! ;~) doug
Direct-connect a good CD player with volume control (Mark Levinson 39, Wadias, Metronome, etc.) to your amp. Cost $0.
Hi Brian, your right. I have not heard the Tube Research Preamp, you know I've had the amps. Sedond, I have zero experience with the Melos preamp, so I will not compare. As far as the comments about the Viva by Aaudio@home.com, the Viva is what I sold to buy the Callisto. After some of my friends heard the change, their Viva Linea is for sale too. Please see Audiogon Classified if you want a Viva Linea in excellent condition at great price.
I am suprised that no one has suggested the cassablanca II SURELY IT IS A GREAT a/v UNIT THAT HAS RECEIVED WAVE REVIEWS BY PROFESSIONAL AND ENTHUSIAST ALIKE. I WILL BE WAITING FOR ANY RESPONSE ON THE THETA CASSABLANCA II.