Best preamp for my system.

I am looking to upgrade my preamp, and am looking for advice from experienced audio people. I am currently running an Emm Labs CD player into a Levinson 380S and then the Levinson 33H's and on to the Genesis 4 tower speakers. All signals running through Gabriel Gold Rapture IC's. What I like is a real lush sound, vocals being most important with respect to accuracy. Some preamps that I am considering are the ARC reference and Lamm Reference.......but am open to suggestions if a serious upgrade from my 380S can be had for less than those two expensive units.
bullot

Showing 5 responses by zephyr24069

Shane - Check out the list on this thread in which many people gave great feedback on dual-output pre-amps;

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1222917424&read&keyw&zzss=or=tube=preamps

Give me a call if you like as I wound up to talking with several of these members about the data and opinions they provided. Enjoy!
Shane: Please take a look at one of my threads where I was asking about dual-output balanced pre-amps. While you don't need dual output, the list does contain many great pre-amp suggestions that I received. As of late, I've also received a recommendation to have a listen to the CAT pre-amps (2 models). They won't work for me as they are single-ended however they currently very highly thought of on Audiogon and elsewhere....
I'm about 460 hours into break-in on an Esoteric C-03 preamp. This unit is truly something special. I now know first hand why it won 2 Blue Moon awards from 2 different reviewers on 6moons!
Let us know how it turns out...it's always great to hear about your latest audio adventures!
Would love to hear it some day soon if I can make it north of the border! I'll take a look at the Bybee speaker bullets as well. BTW...Esoteric C-03 pre-amp is a beautiful unit! If you get a chance to hear one, you should do so!