Best power for 10,000

Fellow Audiogoners,

I am in need of your help. I require your suggestions for the best high resolution pre/power amplifier I can get for $10,000. Integrated amps and pre/power combos, new or used are all O.K. with me. I like detail, but not harshness, excessive midrange bloom or loose, baggy bass. Overall, I want neutral, precise sound from top to bottom. So far the best I have heard is the Linn Klimax twin power amp, but at $9000, there isn't much left in the budget for a preamp. Associated equipment will be a Sony XA-777ES SACD player, possibly with a Chord DAC 64, Wilson Benesch ACT One speakers and Kimber Select cables. Plans are for a CD 12 at some point.

Many Thanks,

T.H.
thsalmon
How about the new BAT integrated amp? It sounds very good and it is modular to increase power for even home theater apps. Even still I think it is 150 wpc and less than 5 grand new.
Hey Thsalmon,

Everyone has neglected to mention the Plinius SA-250 MkIV, 250 watts of very slightly laid back but sweet sound. More than capable of driving any spkr. And some of the best bass control and slam out there. Check it out.....John
Linar Audio 250. This unit is made by Victor Sima from SimAudio. He claims that this is his best amp to date. If you go the www.linaraudio.com you can read and see the quality of this amp. It will out perform amps costing 3 to 4 times their price. Detail, air, bass, decay. If you audition one, you will be stunned!
The Pass Labs X600 is absolutely the best power amplifier ever made. Its ability to provide detail, definition, explosive impact, but still provide dark quietness, warmth, smoothness, (without the harshness of a Krell) is unsurpassed. Tony Cordesman (a reviewer for Absolute Sound Magazine uses a pair in his reference system.

Lucius Morris, Dynamic Sound Audio