Best places to find vinyl

I am a long time vinyl enthusiast.  I used to travel a lot for work and was able, sometimes, to voyage out to thrift and antique stores during working hours and search for albums.  Found some great ones, too.  Curious as to others' routines and methods to expand their collections.  In warmer months, there are some flea markets nearby and I have found a few good ones although I am not very fond of that method.  Never used Ebay or online auctions though.  There is just something about the thrill of finding it on my own, and inspecting it before i buy it...the thrill of the hunt!
awhittington
Erik: I paid about 48 Euro, plus 6 E shipping from Germany for the mono reissue of Village Green pressed in 1980 in mint condition. FWIW. Still probably too much, but my notes say impeccable condition. And despite the shipping cost, still way cheaper than many items shipped from UK or elsewhere (Netherlands is brutal).
PS transaction was 3 years ago. 
Prices on ebay have really gone up for original pressings.
Very disheartening.
How is the 180 gram reissue of Village Green? Anybody heard it?
Depends on what you mean by reliable?

Discogs is good along with eBay but I would always in your mind downgrade their record grading a notch and you should be all set.

So those pair are reliable in that you will get items that may be very hard to find elsewhere, they might not be exactly as they are depicted in grading and you may have to pay silly money for them!
uberwaltz...thanks!  I like to buy in person just so I can make the determination of the condition.  Great advice though and plan on using it!