Best place to live for good quality power

For those of you who have traveled around the world with your hi-fi, what have you learned about where to live for the best power?

- Dense city but right near a substation

- Or far from a substation is ok, as long as few houses on the grid (rural)?

Etc

Some of you are into batteries, but lets talk about how location affects power.

thanks in advance

clustrocasual

The location for clean power is not as important as how you bring it into your listening area and how separated it is from the rest of the living quarters. Another expensive endeavor, but what isn't in our hobby.

Might be a stupid question from lack of knowledge on function. All the people who are running battery power for clean low noise sources. Does the power not vary or degrade as the battery powers down? I look at a flashlight that gets dimmer and dimmer as the battery gets weaker. What am I missing here. Not being sarcastic would really like to know.

@sgreg1 Fancy modern battery power supply (like "Jackery") has regulators and complicated circuit that keeps that from happening. Because they are designed to power digital circuits, the power must be tightly regulated. But the true affect on audio is known only to the users. (I dont have one)

Interesting responses.

Seems physical infrastructure is most important. A rural location with rusty spider-web equipment that technicians have put decades of bandaid solutions on which will catch the forest on fire probably sound worse than a dense city with a new supply. Or maybe finding just the right location in the world with vintage power company gear gives you the right sound lol. possibly.

I live a few blocks from a substation in a major city. I guess it's excellent because on these heatwaves, the system turns into a $100 clock-radio. When the heatwave subsides, the 3D psychedelic rainbow returns. I can't imagine if I was stuck with that bad power ugh.