Best pair of $ 1500 speakers to match with Rotel?

I hope this isn't too boring of a question but I just bought a Rotel 1072 CD player and am contemplating buying their 1062 integrated amp, which will leave $ 1500. in my small budget for speakers. Any suggestions? I'd consider buying used. I'm afraid the Axiom M80TI's at $1300 are too good to be true. Are they? I currently have B&W P5's that I bought 12 years ago, but they now seem rather polite and lacking bass. Anyone care to share their wisdom? Many thanks!!!
stuartk
I've owned a few different Rotel & NAD pieces. To me, NAD components are a little more "polite" as you say. I think Rotel is a much better bang for your buck.
Well if you can get Merlins for 1500 that would be quite the score.

If you dont want to spend all the money and since you mentioned internet direct brands, far and away the best pair out there are the Ascend 340SEs. Its a 30 day trial in your home deal so you risk shipping one way and nothing else. ascendacoustics.com
I would try to buy a pair of b&w 805's used on audiogon i'm using apair of the new N805S with Rotel gear and mit speaker cables and i have been very happy with the clean wide open soundstage that i have ,happey speaker hunting