Best new loudspeaker

I have heard many loudspeakers ,I own Magnapan , and
a Aerial 10-t . This new loudspeaker I heard at great lengths and many agree is from a new company called
NSR -Sonic Research the D-3 Sonata was absolutely killer
and they were saying the wiring and crossover are not even final as of the Jan show . parts quality is excellent in the Silver finish I saw,for a speaker under $5k to create such a soundstage presence with bass that had articulation and impact is beyond me how they do it ,I am told it is a
sealed focal lens .They will be selling by March ,I for sure will be saving my bucks, this is one loudspeaker to watch ,I am already selling my 10-ts.
audiophile1958
MRT, why don't you tell us what 'new loudspeaker' of the planar/magnetic/electrostatic variety has caught your fancy instead?
let's be careful of how you interpret the word "new".

if by "new", you mean, production date during the last three months, i must admit, that what i have in mind is somewhat older than that. the only speaker which could be considered "new", would be the electrostatic panel portion of roger sanders hybrid electrostatic speaker. unfortunately, his design includes a bass driver, which causes his product to lose coherency. it sounds like two speakers. if he had introduced a fulll range, flat panel electrostatic, i'm confident it would be a serious contender for purchase.

the speakers i am considering are analysis audio omega and quads unlimited stacked quad 57s.

one more point regarding cone designs.

i have auditioned over 1000 of them, at shows and at the homes of friends and acquaintances. i assert that i can observe colorations which are intrinsic to these designs.
i find that at times i may be attracted to some of them, initially. however, it is my opinion that over time, these colorations will lead to an unsatisfactory listening experience. while panel speakers have different colorations, i find that ultimately, panels come closer to my experience of listening to live unamplified instruments.
To Mrtennis here is a loudspeaker with 22nd century technology please do research this one and read the review
I heard this for 30 minutes and was more than just impressed this speaker was unequaled at this modest $25k
price point for what it offered even the Quad will have to acknowledge this, http://www.polymeraudio.com/
and your thoughts and please do at some point give these
a listen .
hi techmachine:

it may be a great speaker. i visited the web site, read a review and briefly studied some of the technical details.

the speaker might be too revealing. until i hear it (i can't lift it at 295 pds), it represents an if.

for $7200, i can purchase stacked quads unlimited quads.

i would love to compare the two speakers, each having a different driver type to determine the merits of the polymer.

i doubt it would be possible to do that. where did you hear them and who carries them ?
i find that ultimately, panels come closer to my experience of listening to live unamplified instruments.

When you continually state that all cones have fundamentally wrong timbre is where I tend to get cross-threaded. I have, however, absolutely no problem with the above statement - panels, setup correctly - well out into a room, can sound absolutely awesome! I tried to explain how the larger radiating surface of a panel will excite the sound field and room reveberation in a fundamentally different way (especially a panel that radiates forwards AND backwards)... this will make a sound field that is much more like listening at the back of a hall - higher proportion of reverberant energy will reach your ears than from a conventional cone speaker setup.

However you continue to insist that it is a fundamental "coloration" or timbre problem with all cones - as if it were some scientific principle, like Force= Mass times Acceleration. I simply do not believe that coloration or wrong timbre can be behind someone disliking 1000 audiophile quality cone speakers (wow that is a lot of auditions - there must have been a few extremely good ones in that mix - and yet they ALL had wrong or inferior timbre?).

Lets face it - I believe you prefer the way panels radiate and excite the room - that is what I believe is at the heart of your issue with "point source" speakers or cones. Otherwise I can't see how anyone could be so categorical about the inferiority of 1000 cone speakers versus practically ANY panel/electrostat/ribbon.