Best music in 2020

The Third Mind

Dave Alvin all grown up and boy am I glad to witness it!
128x128slaw

Showing 7 responses by maxnewid

The 4 disc The best of Suede- Beautiful Ones- 1992-2018 is outstanding. I have also been enjoying Martin Barre- Live in NYC, if you want a good dose of electric guitar and Jethro Tull.
Thanks for the Third Mind recommendation. I have been listening to Dave for a long time and really enjoy his bluesy albums like Eleven Eleven. Third Mind is different for him. It reminds me of Chris Forsyth (which is a good thing).
Love Tractor's self titled debut is being remixed by REM's Bill Berry with unreleased bonus cuts- coming Oct. 2nd.
Fish- "Weltschmerz" is a terrific album. Due to Covid, you have to order it off of his website www.fishmusic.scot. Self released, it entered the U.K. charts at number 2 in Sept. which is pretty amazing for a guy mailing albums out of his garage.
@slaw Thanks for the Courtney Barnett MTV Live recommendation. Great sound quality and indeed tasty. 
The new War on Drugs live is really good. Nicely recorded capturing their "wall of sound" without compression. One of my favorites of the year.