Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
maguiar - you might like Melody Gardot.  She's one of my favorite jazz artists.  Her "Live in Olympia" bluray is one of the best sounding live recordings I have heard.
following the latest line of discussion regarding HT for music. The center speaker itself makes significantly more of a difference than any other component in getting voices absolutely correct. One of the primary reasons I selected KEF Reference 5 speakers was the matching 4C center. It's the only center I've heard, and I've auditioned a bunch, that lets voices sound as perfectly normal as the recorded source does.  I find that using a preamp that retains memory for music settings, as opposed to only HT setting, gets me where I want to be whether it is music in stereo or multichannel.   Yes Melody Gardot and Patty Barber are both excellent choices for verifying both imaging ( sometimes they are next to the piano not centered lol) and perfect voicing. I also find that sax and trumpet are very useful (both mono recordings and stereo) since they seem to encompass both mids and highs, a test of both the drivers and the crossovers.I've not found that the amplifiers play as much of a roll as do the speaker(s) followed by the sources once you're at the level of equipment you are at.  
the finger snaps on Patty Barbers version of Ode to Billy Joe is a real differentiator between amps. Those seem incredibly difficult to get just right. I also listen to cymbal strikes and decay as well as the same on piano. Ahmad Jamal's Blue Moon is excellent for this. Bob Wasserman Duets is another go to for voicing and differentiating between amps and sources. 
I built a  Frankenstein system that sounds pretty good, but nothing like the dollars you have.   I purchased an NADT777 V3 with paradigm 15b speakers and Dynaudio x18.  I mixed 8 ohm and 4 ohm.  The home theater is pretty good.  Set room with Dirac, but it does lack on 2 channel Zone set up.   This was an interesting read as I wondered the same thing.  
I was still using an NAD 2200 I bought new in the 80s.  Its working in the garage now.