Best Integrated w/ Phono-In under $350

I have decided to get my feet in the world of vinyl. I am trying to get educated and put together a system at the same time. But the amp part of it has me very confused.

I am on a fairly limited budget and really want to find a good starter amp under $350. Aside from needing to have a phono-in I really have no other requirements. New or used is fine.

Some I've looked at are the Marantz PM5003 (seen a few at the top of my budget), the NAD C325BEE (have yet to see one available anywhere), and a few others. But like I said, I am pretty well wrapped around the axle now and would appreciate some guidance from those who are more worldly about these things.

Thanks.
dmw16

Showing 1 response by rnm4

Get something vintage, from when vinyl was king (mid-late 70s), and have it recapped and tuned up by a reputable and competent tech. Yamaha CR-x20 line or receivers, perhaps. Those will come with a good analog tuner as well. Or maybe a Sansui, or Sony VFET. You should be able to score something in good shape with an excellent phono section for well under your budget, with $ left over to get it in tip top shape. Play your cards right and you can get something with 2 phono inputs, for two tables or arms. Think of all the fun!

Seriously, at that budget, my guess is you will get much better build and performance from something from that era than from something newer, when vinyl is an afterthought.