Best integrated tube amplifier, under $3,000.00. No phono needed. Could be used, too.d

What's the best integrated tube amplifier under 3k, don't need phono.  Used is ok, too.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xanotherbob

Showing 1 response by agirard

Just bought the Octave V40 mentioned a few posts up (it was in the mail at that time). Replaced the power tubes with Gold Lion reissues. Figured I’d share my message to the seller:

”KT88s arrived a day early and have been in since lunch. WOW! Fantastic. All bias adjusters work fine. Really good sound. I’ve been working backwards from the source/streamer/DAC side of things and just pulled the trigger on the Dynaudio Special 40s. This amp is the last step. Think I’m good for awhile. Looking forward to some relaxing time with the music. Very pleased!”

I only have experience with a few amps but certainly can vouch for this one (in my room, Schitt Bifrost Multibit DAC, Airport Express streamer with Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Reclocker, Signal and Blue Jeans Cable). Glad to hear why I’m seeing Dynaudio and Octave together in a lot of photos online.