best integrated amp.

I'm thinking about buying a new integrated in the 5k to 7k range. My main speakers are Maggie 1.7s.Any suggestions?
g11657
Sonneteer currently has 3 products the Alabaster and Orton are both integrated amps and the Sedley is a phono pre-amp.

I have Maggie 1.7s and .7.
Both speakers work great with integrated amps from Peachtree (Nova 125), Ayre (AX7e), Rogue Audio (Sphinx), Modwright (KWI 200), Cayin (SP10A and A-55T), PrimaLuna (Dialogue Premium), VAC (Avatar Super), and VPI 299D.
I don't listen to extremely loud music and all of the above amps produced more than sufficient volumes. The Cayin were very musical and great for near field listening but a bit short on power for a traditional set up.
Tubes are my favorite and produce the most life like listening experiences. The soundstage depth is generally deeper with tubes and the midrange is fantastic. Overall, tubes draw me into the emotional experience of the artists.
I could easily enjoy any of the above combos long term.
That said, let your ears and heart be the judge.
Enjoy our wonderful hobby.

jmcgrogan25,351 posts05-01-2016 12:05amWell the title of your thread is best integrated amp. I'll say the best I've heard is my VAC 160iSE, but maybe a bit out of your price range. A VAC 160i may not be though. However, I don't think the VAC would be the best to drive your Maggies though.

There is a used Boulder 865 for sale right now in your price range that should do the trick. You may also be able to find a used Vitus RI-100.
If looking new, check out a Wells Audio Majestic, very good bang for the buck. You might also find a new BAT VK-3000SE within your budget.

Happy hunting!
The Vitus RI-100 & Boulder 865 are all solid choices if looking 2nd hand. Note: The Vitus is a bit dark sounding, whilst the Boulder is natural and dead neutral. If buying new, my first choice would be a Unison Unico 150 hybridamplifier (approx $6000US). The Unico is beautifully made & uses pure class A double triode Input and driver stages + a single Mosfet power stage, and has zero NFB. Second choice with the Maggies would be the Modwright KWI-200 ($5500US). followed by the Wells Audio Majestic (also in the musical camp, $3500US) and new Hegel H360 ($5700US). The Hegal also has a good dac & can act as a streamer fyi. Have fun with your auditions!