Best Full Range Speakers @ Around $2000?

I'm looking to put together a "small" system for my den (Int.Amp, CD Player, Speakers) I have a pair of Alon I Loudspeakers that I'm considering using, but they now seem a bit too colored to my ears, especially in the upper bass. I have a Marantz CD-63SE that I'll be using as my CD source. So I just need an Int. Amp and a set of full range speakers that are VERY EASY TO PLACE. My den is about 16 X 20 x 8. My budget for each is around $2000. Any favorites?
deborah1

Showing 1 response by woodfield

I feel that having listened to a number of integrateds in your price range the Densen B-100 is a killer. Also the Myryad and Arcam are very good. The Sonus Faber Concertos are very hard to beat and can be had for a lot less than $2000.00. Also the nOrh 7s are a bargain and better sounding than a lot of speakers 2X their price. You would have to like the way they look but a lot of people are very taken by their unigue design. I have a pair of rosewood 7s and I have yet to see too many speakers finished as nice let alone better, regardless of price.