Best Full Range Speakers @ Around $2000?

I'm looking to put together a "small" system for my den (Int.Amp, CD Player, Speakers) I have a pair of Alon I Loudspeakers that I'm considering using, but they now seem a bit too colored to my ears, especially in the upper bass. I have a Marantz CD-63SE that I'll be using as my CD source. So I just need an Int. Amp and a set of full range speakers that are VERY EASY TO PLACE. My den is about 16 X 20 x 8. My budget for each is around $2000. Any favorites?
deborah1

Showing 1 response by david99

The best speakers for under $2500.00 are either the Paradigm Studio 80's or 100's.If you did a A/B with the Rev 3's the only real difference you would hear would be better bass from the Paradigms.If you had the RIGHT room and spent CONSIDERABLE time experimenting with placement of the Rev.3"s,then maybe they would sound as good as the Paradigms.The Paradigms have high sensitivity also so you dont have to worry about running out of clean volumn like you would with a 86db speaker,unless of course you want to pay big bucks for watts.I have heard A/B's of the 3 above speakers in a salon and at home.The above is what I heard.