Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Roseann Cash " 10 Song Demo" Nancy Griffith " Other Voices, Other Rooms" Lucinda Williams- anything
Looks like I got into this thread a bit late... :-)} But I would *HAVE* recommend you find Mary Black - Looking Back. Mary is a very well known Irish singer, and in fact her entire family performs. (I didn't know of the other members of the family till a recent Disney World vacation when we were in line with a family from Ireland). We use a lot of female vocals to voice different speakers, and show off DAC's. Check out Mary Black and you will be pleasantly surprised. :-)
My votes go to, in no particular order: Mary Balck,Blondie ie Debbie Harry, Pretenders ie Chrissie Hyndes, Fleetwood Mac 2 there, Rebecca Pigeon, Jenifer Warnes, Annabelle from Bow Wow Wow, Dusty Springfield, Enya, Clannad ie Enya's Sister Maria, The Wilson sisters in Heart, Mae Moore, Abba, etc,etc,etc I give up, I have to many that I enjoy, and I have not even started on the Blues singers yet.
LOL if you want but I wanted to marry ( and still do. I am already married with two kids)the lead singer(I have trouble remembering her name!)of Dixie Chicks singing songs from WIDE OPEN SPACES. I kid you not. The sound just explodes! Although the second CD from them was not that impressive. And I do listen and enjoy very much to Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies. Pat Barber sounds great. Valentina Kusarova is very impressive.Janis Ian I like. Sara K I dig.Diana krall I enjoy. BUT I want to marry the Dixie Chick. Could any one explain that?
This may not be your cup of tea, but I find Bright Red/Tightrope by Laurie Anderson a very interesting work. The final cut, "Same Time Tomrrow" is stunning on my system. I know what is coming but I still jump every time. Best enjoyed late at night, listening alone, in the dark.