Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Sfar, I couldn't agree more,I still get teary when I listen to "You Don't Know Me".
Check out this very talented Philadelphia recording artist: LAURA MANN! She has 2 Independent releases that can be obtained through her web site www.lauramann.com Both recordings are well done and offer something that is truely special in an artistic sense. These will certainly be more entertaining than that AWFUL DRONE OF Famous Blue Raincoat. Jennifer Warnes sings as though her goal is to drive the listener to suicide !
Roseann Cash " 10 Song Demo" Nancy Griffith " Other Voices, Other Rooms" Lucinda Williams- anything
Looks like I got into this thread a bit late... :-)} But I would *HAVE* recommend you find Mary Black - Looking Back. Mary is a very well known Irish singer, and in fact her entire family performs. (I didn't know of the other members of the family till a recent Disney World vacation when we were in line with a family from Ireland). We use a lot of female vocals to voice different speakers, and show off DAC's. Check out Mary Black and you will be pleasantly surprised. :-)