Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Hi Tom; I enjoyed your post and thanks for the support-- well stated for the "music is emotion" believers. And it means more coming from a muscian. I wasn't able to respond very effectively to Rayhall's questions because quite frankly, I don't take an analytical approach when listening to music. Another recommendation: Etta James "Love, Life, and the Blues". Yes, the ML 360S is a great DAC and a major upgrade for me, but I don't know where I posted it? Cheers, Craig.
Hi Craig, I'm glad you appreciated my input on Diana Krall. To me it's like trying to compare Frank Sinatra to Stevie Wonder. Why? Aren't they both good but different? You and I both responded to someone who was asking if they should upgrade their ML36 to a ML360s. I just bought a pair of Eidolons, you got to hear how intimate she sounds over these speakers. Man am I lucky! Thanks, Tom
Because nobody has mentioned them: Beth Orton, if you don't get chills when you first hear "She Cries Your Name", you may want to go to the doctor and see what's wrong. Also enjoy Liz Phair. How about Karen Carpenter? Her voice is one of the most spooky-beautiful I've ever heard.
Hi Troyhyde, Karen Carpenter had a great voice! She also had a nice feel on the drums. It's a shame we lost her at such an early age. Great pick and 5 stars for your ears. Tom
Karen Carpenter sang a song titled "Crescent Noon" that never became very popular but is absolutely beautiful. Sometimes I put the ol' CD player on infinite repeat and listen to it for half an hour at a time. She's one of my choices too. Tom; Robert Harley owns and loves the Eidolons also, (I'm sure you know that) and from his descriptions "they are so real it's spooky"-- you are lucky. Thanks, Craig.