Best Digital Amp for Legacy Focus 20/20?

Hi: I will be starting a two channel from scratch and I originally was going to go with a new pair of Klipschorns, but didn't think the bass was to my liking for loud rock music,so I have now decided on Legacy Focus 20/20.
Due to rack space and electrical limitations, I was thinking of one of the digital amps being put out by a few companies.I am looking at the Acoustic Reality Ear202 stereo amp right now, plus others.
I do not have anything right now(saving up), so am looking for suggestions! The 20/20 are a 4ohm speaker, so I think most amps(digital)can handle under 4 ohms.Will a tube preamp work with these amps?? Just wondering if these amps can push the multiple drivers to my listening levels(85-95db)Thanks for all your help! Huck
huck55
OK, getting back to Huck's question...can a digital amp do a good job of driving the very current hungry Focus 20/20?

I have the Focus too (and I love them) and have found that changing amps has a dramatic effect on the speaker's performance. Since these speakers can dip below 2 ohms, I seem to be most rewarded by amps that can deliver big current (although I have only tried a handful of amps).

From my limited experience, power (watts) seems to have little if any effect on performance. I say this beacause I went from 1200 W/ch to 350 w/ch and had a great improvement because the 350 watt amp could deliver more current...or at least that has been my conclusion so far.

Full circle now - can the H20 or other digital amps from Rowland and other companies do the job for this kind of current demanding load?

Thanks-
call dusty varner ,he makes a digital mono and i think he had focus also he is on here ,he should know,Channel Islands Audio
(805) 984-8282 http://www.ciaudio.com/ he has been good when i ask him something,he even sent me power cables for my aa stuff for free,i think i remember him haveing some legacy on here for sale some time back..
Hi to all: Seems everyone has a different opinion, somewhat! I guess I will have to do some more research, cause there seems to be a pile of these new switching amps available, some weighing 3 pounds(Nuforce),to 60 pounds (H20). Maybe I will look for a digital integrated(psAudio)?
I was looking for something that doesn't draw big amps and I have limited rack space, so one box deal preffered. Thanks to all that posted! Huck
Can't you find any common ground? I'm trying hard here, bub......

Ok, you don't know what mine sounds like, and I don't know what yours sounds like. OK, find a reason to argue that.

But you missed the point, I am afraid. I am pointing out differences in frequency response as load Z changes, and you switch gears to THD.

I am not talking about THD, I am talking about frequency response aberrations. I am not making it up. ICEpower clearly states it. I use that as a reason why it is important to audition one on the system it will be used on.

OK.......back to the subject. The guy is asking about a "power hungry load". I do not think that you can judge how it will work just based on weight. Yes, a lot of the amps are light. Some are light (Rowland for example) because it has a SMPS. Others (H2O) have large transformers. While someone will obviously disagree, you can not say "A" will and "B" won't simply because of weight. Sure , they will probably sound somewhat different, but weight alone is no indicator of much.

If you examine how much current the speaker will actually use, most of the current comes from discharging the filter caps. So, it is possible to drive such a load with what may appear to be a small transformer based supply.

Bottom line is........you will just have to try them. Or use the advice of someone with the same setup.