Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

What are your opinions on the best DAC for under $2,500?  Looking at the Schiit Yggy or many of recommend Denafrips so looking at their Pontus.  Any thoughts on how these two compare?  It might be misguided by I tend to think your getting a little more for your money with a direct to consumer company like Schiit and I know they are highly regarded for their DACS.  Anything else to look at in this price range? 
mvrooman1526

Showing 3 responses by georgehifi

What a BS statement, belying a BS thought process and a BS attitude.

Really, now your showing your ignorance, if you don’t think specs and measurement can’t aid and assist one to getting the right equipment for their purpose, then you can't see the forest for the trees. 
Yet first thing I saw, you obsess over measuring your own amps biasing. Can’t have it both ways sunshine. Bet I can find more wonders if I tried..

jjss49
The measurement thing is such a red herring.

I have never yet met a hiend Audio Equipment Designer that wasn’t also an Audiophile.

Every decent piece of audio equipment that you listen to that impresses you, has been painstakingly designed by electronic engineers/audiophiles that use EE laws, measurements, specs and use test bench gear to design those pieces.

Then it is listened to and if not liked they change and re-jig those specs and laws and figures to get to their final released product.

And if you can understand those specs and measurements, it can be a great aid when purchasing and what to listen for.

If your or the equipment your buying wasn’t done this way you are listening to BS voodoo snake oil products.

Cheers George
mvrooman1526
Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

You should be able to pickup a Denafrips Terminator for that used.
Stunning sounding discrete R2R Multibit dac.
https://www.denafrips.com/terminator
Or a Holo Spring Dac new, similar to the Denafrips above.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/holoaudio-spring-kitsun%C3%A9-tuned-edition-level-3-da-processor

Cheers George