Best combination of HT and sound

I currently have a Marantz 8000 series that I purchased decades ago. It has power supply problems now but I loved the musicality of this receiver. Needless to say, as a past audiophile, I am in the position to upgrade my system. Looking for either a good HT system that allows 4K pass through with a good phono preamp. I've seen the Denon 960 and 2700 but really looking for a good 7.1 amp and pre -amp combo. Currently using Paradigm speakers for surround. Will change this if the right speakers fit my profile. Want low profile speakers. Any and all suggestions and comments welcomed
dennis041992

Showing 1 response by dennis041992

A lot of excellent suggestions here. I'm leaning towards  elliottbnewcombjr2 suggestion of using a two channel amp for the fronts and let the AVR take care of the rest. Looking at the Denon 2700 and use the pre-outs to drive my front speakers from a separate 2-channel amp. It has MM phono and I believe Atmos. What do you suggest as a 2-channel amp to drive my fronts for music. The S-2700 has 95w of power so I don't think I need more than that, especially if I choose the Klipsch to replace my paradigms. Any other suggestions for low profile speakers that are bot efficient for 2-channel and can handle HT movies?