Best CD player under 5000

I am in the process of replacing my 10year old phillips CD-80 with a new player. What are your recommendations I prefer tube but am looking at all. Thanks
128x128czbbcl

Showing 2 responses by lev335

well I have a theta miles cd player that is awesome in everyway. It is 1.5 years old it is still under warrenty new retail is 2,850 iam selling it for 1,650 firm plus shipping. If you dont want that then you need to buy a mark levinson 39 cd player it is one of the best units available today. It retails for 6,000 new you can buy a used one for 3,500 it is the best player money can buy. if interested in my player call me at 203-776-8243 Dan good luck
As a note to all waiting for the new format to take off. well it wont last and I dont really care how long people have been in audio its a no brainer. The amount of people involved in high end audio compared to those who arent is so lopsided. They are trying to target such a small amount of people with these new formats. Here a note they came out with hdcd which is not an exspensive format to use but it does sound better and that format wouldnt even take off and the cds were the same price with it. It wouldnt cost to much to allow HDCD to be the standard format for cds but they didnt even do that because us audiophiles are out numbered by casual listners who think that there 150.00 sony cd player is top shelf.( no offense to anyone ) but alot of people dont even know what high end is. When people ask me what kind of stereo I own I tell them Mark Levinson and they say who? What the hell is that? See what I mean. well all I can say is worry about today. Iam sure you have many cds to listen to? Good Luck