Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
You know I'm always astonished and even a little angered when talk of "best" blues guitarist begins with some British knock off. Now I know that I'm selling Clapton a little short, but he himself will be the first to acknowldge that he is more of a student of the music as opposed to an inovator of it. Also, what is a blues guitarist? Are we succombing to coporate lables? Wes Montgomery played plenty of blues--12 bar and otherwise. I think that idea of the "best" guitarist is pointless. Sorry if I offend, but music, IMHO, transcends any simple ranking such as this. Okay. I've ranted long enough. I'll shut up now.
There never really is a best of anything, but if forced to choice I'd say Albert King is the master.
I have scene and heard most of the greats mentioned here .... and they all have their individual strengths. hendrix for the looseness of his interpretation, clapton for his technical, finely polished genre-bending skills and buddy guy for the sheer dedication and soulfullness in regards to the blues. However, the most engaging electric blues that I have ever experienced took place at a Johnny Winter show in Toronto about twelve years ago. It was held outside at a partially covered venue. Mid-way through the show a violent thunderstorm from Lake Ontario (30 yards away) suddenly bore down on us. We all rushed toward the stage for cover. Instantly, there was an incredible energy in the air. Johnny kicked things into very high gear and drove home the some rockin' blues which had to be experienced to be believed. That evening still echoes in my mind as one of the greatest unexpected music experiences that I have had the pleasure to been part of.
the late great johnnie copeland---when he went back to playing a les paul and not pevey---he was at durham bull blues festival in 89 or 90 and lonnie brooks and his son (dont know his name) played--but copeland was just dead on --if you can dig up a live cd or tape he was great for this one show--it was as good as freddie or bb he just had the tone that night
In my younger concert going days, I had the opportunity to see Hendrix four times, Clapton with Cream several times, as well as with Derek and the Dominos, Delanie and Bonnie and Friends, and Blind Faith, as well as some really great blues-based guitarists such as Albert King, Freddie King, Mike Bloomfield, and Duane Allman.

Who was the best guitarist I ever saw live? Without a doubt, Johnnie Winter. I saw him at the Fillmore west when he was with Rick Derringer in his Johnny Winter And tour and he not only blasted my ear drums away (they rang for hours), but he played with such unabandoned fire and passion that it left me floored. Unfortunately, I just missed a chance to see him in the Sacramento area when he appeared recently, but he was/is an amazing guitarist.