Best Blu-Ray ANALOG Output - Under $1000?

I am ready to buy a Blu-Ray player and am hoping to get a good CD playing boost in the package (currently I use a consumer-level Sony DVD as a transport with optical digital output to my NAD T770 which utilizes Burr-Brown 18 Bit DACs).

I know the Denon DVD-1800BD is a $500 player that utilizes twin 24Bit Burr-Brown DACs. Some of Sony's players (the new BDP-S360 as an example) also advertize as utilizing 24Bit Audio DAC (how many, what type??).

The Oppo option sounds like it could be a home-run...as it would be great to add SACD capability as well...but when will it be released??

Please offer-up your opinions on any of the above or other hidden gems...Sony ES, etc. My priorities are great analog sound output 1st, up-to-date sound processing (seemingly changes weekly) second, SACD capability third, and internet streaming capability fourth (not required but would be nice).

Thanks for your help folks!

Mark
mwilliford

Showing 7 responses by mwilliford

SACD converted by the Oppo...as otherwise I would not have this capability in my set-up.

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Thanks for the report back Jimmy. Do you know the speed/bit-rate of the Cirrus DAC's?

Also, any experience with SACDs on this player or in general?

Kind Regards,

Mark
Thanks guys...will continue to watch this thread.

What was the cost of the Oppo?

Many Thanks,

Mark
Thanks - yes, there is always the buy-until-you-find something approach...but that tends to complicate marriage...Hah. I have a feeling the player does a fine job if it has 24-bit processing, but I also know the reputation of Burr-Brown processors is well-deserved.

Also like the intriguing idea above of utilizing an external DAC...will have to look into that.

Mark
Is the OPPO ready for purchase now? Sounds like it could be a home-run. What are it's analog DACs?

Kind Regards,

Mark
Thanks to everyone for all the good feedback. I wish I were not tainted by the old days of Pioneer...looks like a nice option. I'll wait a bit longer and see if the Oppo comes out. Otherwise I need to get over the stale Pioneer stigmas of the past.

Mark
Looking forward to your reports. What brand/type are the audio DACs in the OPPO?

Kind Regards,

Mark