Best 845 tube out there?

I am running a pair of Cary CAD-211AE monoblocks with the standard no-name Chinese tubes shipped by Cary. Whilst I am happy with the sound, I think I should buy a pair of 845's to keep as backup in case something happens to these tubes.

Because I will need to buy FOUR of them, this rules out any tube that sells for stupid money (e.g. vintage RCA 845 tubes).

The only current production 845's I am aware of are:

- Shuguang 845 "standard"
- Shuguang 845B
- Shuguang 845C
- Shuguang PSVANE 845
- KR Audio 845

I have found reviews of the Shuguang 845B and 845C, but there is virtually no information out there on the new Shuguang "psvane" 845. Has anybody heard this valve, and is it a noticable improvement over the 845B and C? Also, what do people think of the KR?
amfibius

Showing 3 responses by early

I own a set of Audion Black Shadow 845 monos. Ventured away from the very solid Shuguang 845B and bought a pair of KR's. I even posted how wonderful they sounded on this thread. Yeah past tense. They both failed after less the six months. Luckily the seller, Hugh of Angel City Audio, and the distributor, Tube Depot, stood behind them and gave me a full refund.
Have been listening to the Bs again and they sound pretty darn good.
My question is, who is going to stand behind the Psvane WE845's for more than 90 days if I decide to once again try to improve on the very affordable and uber dependable Shuguang B's?
Curious to hear from Psvane WE 845 owners how their tubes are holding up now that they have some usage?
Thanks