Benchmark LA4 Preamp?

I’m seriously considering buying this $2,500 solid-state preamp and looking for input from anyone who owns or has heard this preamp.  The LA4 is identical to their HPA4 unit just without the headphone amp.

From all the reviews and Benchmark’s site that I’ve read, this seems like an extremely low noise and neutral preamp that may be a very good match for my extremely low noise, neutral and high powered class D D-Sonic M3-600-M monoblock amps that I use to drive a pair of Magnepan 2.7QR 4 ohm speakers.
My main source for 2-ch music is a Lumin D2 dac/streamer for music files and Tidal streaming. For HT, I’ll be using a yet to be determined 4K Bluray player as I’m also transforming from an Oppo 105 1080p player and 1080p hdtv to 4K. The LA4 has caught my attention since it has dual balanced XLR inputs to accommodate the XLR outputs of the Lumin D2 and whatever new Bluray player I choose. I plan on ordering the optional remote for the LA4 which would allow easy selection between music or HT as well as being a low noise, low distortion and neutral conduit for both.

I really appreciate any input on the LA4, or even options for a high quality Bluray player with balanced outputs, that you’re able to offer.

Thanks,
Tim
128x128noble100
Way off subject, but I find the MBL101E MKII speakers are so real to music. I have had a pile of speakers over the years, rather expensive dynamic and electrostatics, yet nothing has achieved a holistic experience to sound as these. I find most, if not all, dynamic speakers today to be dry and forward. Planar speakers are always quick, but a bit lacking due to backward room energy and sound pressure. I guess I have found my sweet spot with a true omnidirectional speaker. It simply sounds like real music. There is no precise imaging as a dynamic speaker. I have yet to attend a concert that had precise imaging. I find this to be an artifact of our current site of affairs. I had played in band and orchestra in years past, there is no laser imaging, the music should flow as as a gestalt of the group. Yea, a horn or other soloist will stand out, but the ensemble will play as one. Today’s goals are dissection rather exploration of the gestalt of the musical experience (wether jazz, orchestra, reggae, electronic, pop, rock, etc.) I listen to all (even at nearly 64y). 
@nedkuehn - Benchmark is selling the LA4 | HPA4 | AHB2 very well. I have made 3 orders in the last 4 months and they are always running out. I hope to get my amp this month after ordering it 3 weeks ago. I inquired with Rory Rail, sales guy at Benchmark, about it and he said sales are very strong. It is not just supply constraints. So audiophiles may skip the Benchmark gear but a lot of others are not.

I believe I heard your MBL speaker at a show and also the a few other omni speakers at various shows. Loved them. I had an Audience 1+1 V3 speaker, which is an omni, but never could get it right due to space constraints. However, I think I was also prejudiced about what the correct sound was, imagining, soundstage, etc... I should have remembered the speaker my dad had when I was a kid, the Allison 2. It put music out all over the room unlike most current speakers. Loved the music back then and never thought a second about imaging, soundstage, etc...
I should add, for those tempted,  that Music Direct allows a 60 day home trial (instead of the usual 30 days) and seems to have very good customer service.  
Music Direct rocks, 60 day is great, but I suspect that a 2 week break-in time will be enough to make a discussion. Just plug it into an outlet and turn it on to max volume and leave the LA-4 for a few weeks. All will be will well once in I the system afterwards. 
This is not a kit that will get sweeter with time. It is ruthless, yet so revealingly. If you what some editorializing on sound, this is not your device. I find that that a truthful line amplifier will balance the front and back end brilliantly. 
I have seen that folks are comparing the LA-4 to preamplifiers in the $20,000 range, I feel that this goes way beyond that point. 
If you have a simple system, this is your go to Line Amplifier. I have no investment or prior knowledge of Benchmark (other than prior reviews of their products). This is my first experience with the company. They simply have hit a home run on a great kit. For that, I am impressed.  
@fast I hated headphones since I thought they sounded awful and gave me fatigue. The HPA4 was reputed to be one of the best headphone amps in the world. So for $500 more than the LA4 I thought it would be a good idea to get the HPA4, just in case I go back to the dark side.

Now after 3 months of mostly headphone only listening I can say I was missing out by not paying attention to headphones for the past decade. Today, I use a Meze Empyprean headphone and it is incredible. Still not as great as a 2 channel but great in it’s own way. The HPA4 is an incredible value when you also consider the headphone aspect + the 2 channel. The beauty of the HPA4 is that you get a mini AHB2 inside the HPA4. You can definitely hear the silence.

Music Direct is also where I buy my next speaker, the Yamaha NS5000. It has been a pleasure dealing with them so far. The Benchmark gear will drive that speaker (using 2 AHB2's)