Benchmark DAC1 still relevant?

I have an older Benchmark DAC1 that was upgraded to a higher sampling rate some years back.  I am considering buying a new streamer from Auralic.  One has a DAC built in and the other does not (Aries G1 vs Altair G1).  Is my Benchmark still a relevant streamer given that it is 10 years old?
hififanatic
The Auralic Aries Mini is a good streamer but the DAC1 will very likely sound better than the Mini’s built-in DAC. Just give it a listen and see what you think. I have the Benchmark DAC3 which is an improvement over the DAC1. It’s upt o you whether you think it’s worth the coin to upgrade to a DAC3 or any host of other high-quality similarly priced DACs such a Chord Qutest or perhaps Schiit Yggy. All will sound better than your mini’s built-in DAC. I personally don’t think you need a new streamer unless your budget is pretty hefty.

I assume you know you can connect the ARIES MINI to an external DAC using TOSLINK, digital coax or USB digital outputs.
Yes.  I am the TOSLINK output to the DAC1 and then The XLR outputs to an Aragon 8008BB driving a pair of B&W 802’s series 80