Belt Drive Turntable around $500

Hello Everyone,

My Denon DP-47F turntable has finally given out and I am going to purchase a belt drive turntable. I want to use my current Shure V-15 Type V cartridge as it is only a few years old and still sounds great to me.

I am looking for suggestions on a table with tonearm in the $500 range, used or new. There is a new Pro-ject table coming out next week for $500 that I am considering.

I would appriciate your suggestions.

Thanks!
Steve
sdzink

Showing 1 response by psychicanimal

JohnnyB, I traded one of my Clear Image T4 filters for a Technics SP25 with EPA-500 tonearm and 4 titanium tonearm tubes. How about it? I have a brand new ACOPIAN high performance power supply one of the better known modders gave me as a present. It uses for the driver a bipolar transistor mounted on a massive heat sink! When I get out of this financial hole I'm in the SP25 will be taken to a whole different level with an upgraded graphite bearing, strobe disabler and the power supply. I'll need new cartridges, for the Ortofon X5 MC is the only one that fits. How about a NAGAOKA 500? Should match very well w/ my Monolithic Sound dual mono phono stage. I should send the power supply to cryo treatment, too!