BEL E88CC/6922 tubes - what can I expect?

Lately I've been tube rolling 6922s in the gain stage of my Sonic Frontiers Line 1 preamp, and considering trying the BEL E88CC/6922 from Upscale Audio.  Since Upscale doesn't provide explicit recommendations on tubes and these aren't available other places, I wanted to see if anyone has opinions on these, or maybe there are other tubes I should try?  So far have tried 
-  Svetlana (came with preamp) and these were dull, lifeless.
- Electro Harmonix gold pin - ok but kinda boring compared to others.  Currently using these in input position.
- Amperex white label - fun but a little too tubey.
- Matsushita - I really like these but also a bit too much tubiness over time.
- Mullard - favorite so far, just sound right.
- GE "smokies" - still evaluating.
FOMO is creeping in as it looks like Upscale's inventory is dwindling.  Any opinions?  Other tubes I should try?

System - Thiel 2.3s, Krell KAV amp, SF L1 pre, bel canto 3.7VB DAC, decent room treatments, always think the higher end could get better if less sibilance/reediness.

Thanks!
128x128thosb

Showing 1 response by rushfan71

The best option I found in my system for a 6922 is the Mazda 7308 1960’s French Military tube. Labeled Phillips 7308 PQ. I use them in a Manley Chinook phonostage.

Purchased from Brent Jesse @ Audiotubes.com, search the web sight under the 6DJ8 selection and he has a description of the sound characteristics of each type as a guide as well as a little background info.

They seemed more extended on both ends of the frequency spectrum and were more dynamic and transpatent than others I’ve tried in this phonostage like the Amperex 6922 Orange PQ label and the Phillips 7DJ8 that came stock selected by Manley.