Bel Canto EVO 200.2

Just wanted to testify to (1) the sound quality and value of the Bel Canto 200.2 and (2) the service provided by my dealer, Goldman Audio. The sound quality is outstanding--the amp has no sound--quiet as a mouse--with good body, terrific highs, solid bass (the clarity of Paul Chamber's bass at the beginning of "So What" is remarkable, as is Scott Lafaro's bass on Bill Evans' "Waltz for Debby"). I'm a long-time tube man but amp is something special (and this comment is written while the amp is still breaking in...).Too, it's only $2395 per--a steal for an amp this good (sorry about the hyperbole but what a deal for the quality of this amp). I'm getting a second to monoblock. If you're looking for this amp, try Goldman Audio, the dealer through which I purchased my amps (www.goldmanaudio.com). Jon is great to deal with--responsive and fair. Highest recommendations for both amp and dealer. Jamie
jamiehughburr
Just wanted to pass on some info. Have heard this amp in 3 different places and in all 3 a similar theme was that power conditioning is more important with this amp than any other they've had. I read an article somewhere that implied that due to the digital architecture this amp needs clean power to sound its best, and this seems to have been backed up by the dealers/owners I've spoken to. So make sure you've got clean power before making any final conclusions on this amp. Also, using them in monoblock pairs was also said to bring this amp to a much higher level. For what it's worth.

Tim
How would you expect this amp to perform in stereo mode with B&W 803 Nautilus speakers, and what might be good choices in preamps for this set-up?
To maintain your warranty, have your amp serviced by your dealer. Service continuity is best adhered to through BCD.
Been using the eVo 200.2 for 5 months and all I can say is, I think Ill be buying another one to go monoblocks. They are broken in now. Had replaced all power supply caps as the old ones were almost waving goodbye. It was pretty harsh sounding during the break in period but slowly smoothed out and opened up as it burned in.

Now, it just sounds wonderful. Pre is a conrad johnson pv7 and wavetouch audio grand teton SE speakers. VPI HW19 mkII, Jelco 750E (10 inch) Grace F9 (soundsmith ruby).