Bel Canto EVo 200.2 Digital Amp Owner's

Owner's Progress Report: I just received the EVo last Friday. It replaced a McCormack DNA2 LAE. I have just started breaking the unit in. I'm using the Purist Audio II CD for break-in. My system consists of Sony SACD, EVS Attenuators, EVo 200.2, Eggleston Andras, Harmonic cables, Powersnakes, and PS Audio P300. The amp pulls 100 watts from the P300 and the SACD player pulls 50 watts. I'd never been able to do this with the DNA2. This amp blows away the DNA2 LAE in resolution, imaging, transparency, depth, dynamics, you name it. All the 1/3 list price. Purchased mine from John Goldman at goldmanaudio.com. John puts his customers before himself. This amp is a no brainer and its not even broken in yet. . This and the Sony SACD player has been the best money spent in audio.
128x128mikeg

Showing 3 responses by mikeg

Response to Samski: I'm not sure if its the updated version. The serial number ends in 0059B which makes me think its the updated version. I ordered my amp in the beginning of April (waited almost two months to get the amp). Bel Canto did say they were waiting for circuit boards to come in (excuse for being so late). Response to Urtherel: I haven't heard the Spectron. The technologies are different. Bel Canto is a class "T" digital amp whereas the Spectron and Tact Milliemum are class "D" digital amps. It did call Spectron in during my selection process. thanks
Response to Snook2: I will try going directly into the wall. I thought that as long as the P300 is rated for 300 watts (but used best below 200 watts) and I am drawing 160 maximum with CD player I should be fine. The P300 is plugged into a dedicated 20 amp line 4ft from the breaker box. thanks.