Behringer DEQ2496 Digital Output Question

I just picked up a Behringer UltraCurve Pro DEQ2496 to tame a 10+dB bass node at @ 63Hz in my listening room. It worked like a charm, but I now have a question about the Behringer's digital output. I am feeding the Behringer via Toslink with a Denon DVD-955S DVD player, which passes a 24/96 signal. I also feed the Behringer with an analog signal via its XLR inputs, and I sample this signal at 96kHz. I am then coming out of the Behringer's toslink digital output and going into one of the toslink digital inputs on my Quad 99 CDP-2 24/192 upsampling DAC. Here is the issue:

The digital signal hitting the Quad when I play a 24/96 disc in the Denon appears to be 48kHz. Likewise, the analog feed to the Behringer that I sample at 96kHz also hits the Quad at what appears to be 48kHz. (When I turn the Behringer sampling rate down to 88.2kHz, the signal hits the Quad at 44.1kHz.)

My question: Is there any way to get the Behringer to pass a 96kHz signal (or an 88.2kHz signal) from its digital outputs?

Thanks!
danielinvermont

Showing 2 responses by danielinvermont

Note to Tarsando: Thanks for the response. Yes, the digital signal from the Denon is hitting the Behringer at 96kHz. However, it then hits the Quad DAC at 48kHz. Looks like some down-conversion is taking place in the Behringer, and I would like to turn that off if I could, as the Quad can receive 24/96 signals.

Note to Ranwal67: I suggest you post your question in a separate thread. I doubt I could be much help on your auto-EQ question, as I set my EQ manually using pink noise and the SPL. Good luck!
I posted the same question over on AudioAsylum's Digital Drive and received a response that the Quad might not show the correct sampling rate (i.e., the Quad may be receiving a 96kHz signal from the Behringer even though its display says the signal is 48kHz.) Here is a link to this response:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/messages/128991.html

Interesting. I wish I had another DAC so that I could troubleshoot the situation.