Beginner looking for guidance into tube sound.

Hello all, I am looking for some input on the best way to add tubes to my current mess. I currently have what I am sure everyone here would consider barely a step up from my parents zenith HI-FI circa 1977. please keep in mind I am lucky if I can afford to look in the window of an actual audio store. 
I currently have a Peachtree nova 300 and a Marantz CD player and a pair of monitor audio silver 500 speakers. A friend gave me a blue sound node 2i also. I have always wanted a tube powered amp. I see these Chinese amps like the Muzishare X7 and Willsenton R8 that have lots of great reviews. Or maybe a tube DAC. Then I see the Black Ice for ss-x. Each having less tubes respectively. Not sure how much that matters but I would think the more tubes the more tube sound one could expect. I would like to be in the $1000. range but would go to $1500 if I had to. My goal is to find the best most cost effective way to enter the tube world.  
johnfritter
Don't rule out a DIY kit. You can choose the best components: film and foil capacitors in the signal path, superior polypropylene power supply filter capacitors, and the simplicity of tube design which if it needs repair, which it probably will not if you use parts rated several time the current or wattage they will carry, is easy to repair. You don't have to take it to a shop and that will make it cheaper than solid state to repair.
Tubes will not cary a guarantee of success in your system.   The sound of tubes and s/s are merging so there is not really a preference of one over the other.  I would advise saving for a couple of years to get the equipment you really want after listening to many components over time.
I own the Muzishare X7. It's the best value that I have owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVLQ9Lhl3xk

I was told that it's built in the same factory as Line Magnetic which I also used to own. 

It sometimes comes up in the used market for about $1,000. The prices for new ones are up recently from around $1,200 to $1,500.

Good luck!
Icon Audio BA3 tube buffer. Use it between your CD player and your amp. It’s excellent. Sorted!
I agree that, with your speaker’s sensitivity, a tube preamp is the way to go. A Schiit Freya+ is huge bang for the buck, in your price range. I have never heard Zu’s or Tektons, but it seems to me, from what I have read, that many end up driving them with solid state amps. Klipsch Heresys (99 dB), which you could get used for around 1K, and tube amps are wonderful. Pair them with a SET/SEP tube amp of at least 8 wpc and you will get a delicious taste of what tubes can do. With these amps however, per the advice of atmasphere, you don’t want to turn the volume setting above 25% (2 wpc in the case of an 8 wpc amp) as you will be hearing a lot of distortion, poor harmonics. 2 watts per channel is plenty for the Heresy’s.